C4Education is looking for three additional prestigious projects to populate our Virtual Lab for Digital Heritage Tools.
Digital applications are becoming increasingly important for communicating knowledge about cultural heritage. Virtual city guides, museum applications or virtual exhibitions are popular formats for this purpose. However, not only is there a lack of suitable solutions and know-how for the use of digital tools, but there is also no central platform with a focus on digital applications for European cultural and tourism institutions.
In order to address this gap, C4Education, as a Creative Innovation Lab project, is developing a digital platform with a marketplace that includes certification criteria and distribution models for digital tools for cultural heritage. In addition to this business platform, there will also be a training platform with self-learning tutorials and webinars to study the technical application of these tools.
To establish an operational platform, our goal is to populate it first with an initial set of tools that are integrated via specific demo-cases.
What are we looking for?
The target market for this open call is defined as digital cultural heritage application providers at the intersection of heritage, archives, libraries (cultural institutions) and digital creative industries including audio-visual media and multimedia.
With an eye on onboarding to our platform, we are looking for digital cultural heritage apps with the prospect of economic and societal impact that are already developed and validated in relevant environments. They will be showcased as successful demo-cases in the platform and ultimately provide guidance to other potentially interested European actors through their wide applicability.
Although the call is open for any digital cultural apps, the proposed demo-case should demonstrate a technology validated in a relevant environment (TRL 5).
The application should be in English as a minimal language of requirement.
What do we offer?
- A voucher of 3.000 € per selected demo-case
- Priority onboarding to the platform (with access to approximately 14.000 cultural heritage professionals and customers)
- High-quality support for developing added-value-services for customers.
What do we expect from successful applicants?
Selected projects will be required to accomplish the below tasks throughout the nine-month implementation phase:
- The applicants shall prepare a presentation kit (product description, slidedeck, 1h tutorial / webinar) of the digital application to be enlisted at the platform and to advertise amongst potential users/clients.
- The platform business model is based on the provision of additional services (e.g. full stack servicing, managed hosting, trusted data storage, billing services). The applicants shall contribute 10h of consultancy for our development of appropriate services and certification criteria around the platform-listed products.
- The platform acts as mediator for sales and is therefore not liable for the advertised products. Signing of an agreement for platform listing is mandatory. No transfer of property rights to the platform is required.
How to apply?
You are kindly asked to fill in the proposal template via https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/C4EducationCall2023
Required description of the project shall address the below components:
- Technical description of the application
- Defined target audience
- Compliance with C4Education project objectives
- Already developed visuals (if any)
- Medium term future plans regarding the application
+ CVs of relevant staff members
+ Links to related work(projects)
Applications will be evaluated based on the criteria listed below:
- Level of readiness
- Business autonomy
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 31 January 2023.
The selection of selected projects will be announced in March 2023.
The implementation of the projects will occur from March 2023 until December 2023.
Contact and further information
For further information, questions or inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Download the Call as PDF document